Thursday, August 30, 2012

5 days!

Howdy! :) Well i have exactly 5 days left in Oklahoma! :) crazy crazy. I am so excited for something new and different! My room is almost all packed up (if that tells you how excited I am.) We sent boxes up to South Jordan were my aunt lives (since we are flying there) to pick up on the way up to Rexburg! Its all coming together!

On Friday all the adults were going to the Express Ranch Dinner that happens every year the night before the auction and its a pretty big deal going. A band would be there and Bob Funk (Owner of Express Ranch) and free steak and shrimp! It sounded so fun! Plus Uncle Grant, Aunt Maren, Uncle Mark, and baby Leif were coming down from Tulsa to go. When they were all leaving to go my dad said HEY! Get you clothes on Shantelle! Your an adult too! haha so I went with all the adults (Dad, Mom, me, Mark, Maren, Grant, Leif, Erica, Dennis, Aaron, Derren, Melanie, Megan, Monte, Nathan, and Kathy) It was really fun going and seeing Bob Funk's mansion. There were over 1,000 people there. SO crazy. Then they talked about cattle ranching and using there southern humor and charm at its fulliest. Loved it. Then the bloody GOVERNOR spoke and then Miss America gave a rose to all the women that were born in August so Maren went up there and got a rose by Miss America! haha pretty awesome. It was really fun getting to see the south at its best and dressing up cowboy and being with all the adults. It was a blast. and the food was delicious! :) but of course I forgot my camera.... sorry guys.

So pretty much everyday Carley and I get together so we can hang out as much as possible before i head out. So on Tuesday? dont really remember the date, she came over and we played dunk ball and took swweeett pictures of us doing backflips and stuff and playing the lazy game haha (you lay down and try and make a basket before everyone else, surprisingly really fun!) then we went inside to play Ticket to Ride but somehow we ended in a huge water fight!



haha ya...we got in trouble. but it was fun! then we played ticket to ride then she went home. Then the next day Carley wanted me to go to the doctor with her since her mom couldnt go (kindergarden teacher) so we went to the doctor and then went to a mexican resturant to eat! :) it was fun! and look what I found!


Then Wednesday my mom and I went shopping and getting things done. (Like FINALLY paying off my ticket) and we were in Aldi and one of the workers there looks JUST LIKE the singer of the band fun. so I decided to take a picture with him haha he was really nice and funny but it was kind of embarrassing but whatever!
 

 
See! I think they look a lot alike!
 
 then we went to Sams Club and we were getting samples from this lady and she was soo hilarious and was just so funny to talk too. haha Then when were were leaving her she was like "Nice meeting you guys, you guys have been great" ha ha we think that she was ending stand up comedy or something. haha whatever lady. but it made us laugh soo hard. We also went to the downtown Goodwill were we got some super cute stuff! i even got a Ann Taylor jacket for ,thats right, 2 bucks! :) what can I say im a bargin shopper. It was so fun! Then we went home and the boys found a kite that i got (75 cents) and we got it out and started flying it! :)
 

they loved it! Today Carter asked me fourty times if we could fly the kite again. haha so it was a hit! and they are pretty cute too. Then Carley came over and we watched TV and relaxed.

Then today I woke up, went on a walk with my mom, went to drop off the car at the shop (bad brakes) and then went to Walmart to get some stuff we forgot yesturday... oh mother. and then went to Bramns for lunch! YUM! i am going to freakin miss that place. Like where to people get ice cream in Idaho? I seriously have NO idea. I went to Coldstone up there once. but it was like I was buying ice cream at Hollister or something. Then we went home fixed the fence for my dad since he left this morning for BYU for the football game. and then I started cleaning my room and packing a few more boxes! YAY! my room is empty now! haha i think thats a good thing...  then at 6 sister Mamfeldt (my old Young Womens leader) took me out to dinner at Teds! :) love that place and we talked about everything under the sun and I had fun talking to her about life!
 

She is so fun!
Then me crazy brothers started tackling me.
 



haha Nice pics gretch! :)

Also I would like to tell you about my new toy I want ever so much! A LONGBOARD. I want one so bad. It is awesome watching people just crusin around and I want one for college since i cant bring up my bike. sad face. stupid airplane. haha but I think it would be awesome to ride around campus on one or those narly things. The only problem is that they are all at least 100 bucks. :( BUT we were in Walmart yesturday and they were only 50! yes yes yes YES! so i think i am going to get one when i get to Salt Lake (stupid airplane) so today I have been looking up how to ride one, what one to get, and getting to excited for something I dont have yet, nor never tried but in my room on my invisible one.... haha NO FRIENDS. but i want one bad.

So I am going to start putting music up at least everytime i post, since i FREAKIN LOVE MUSIC and I have weird taste in music (I like indie/ hipster music! and recently 50s...) so today in honor of the guy at Aldi! here is some fun. :) Carry on to be exact. I am in love with this song right now.. I will probably post music that i am obsessed with at the moment so you all can enjoy the music with me! :)
Enjoy!
 


Until next time!

Shantellie

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog shantelle!
    Make sure you keep it up at school so I can keep track of you and all of your adventures. Im glad you have my blog so you can now talk to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aunt Jennifer! I love your blog too! :) I will try my best to keep it updated. :) Yay!

      Delete
  2. Loved the music, Shantilly!! Loved the pictures of you and the little boys and the great running account of your life. You are a great bloggest! It's fun to learn so much about you and your family this way. You are going to miss them big time! Keep it up. I love you like a grand daughter--oh wait, you are! Har! G-ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shantelle! I've been meaning to comment on your blog! I love it! It sounds like you are having a great time--and I'm excited to get a little peak at your college adventures! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete