Monday, August 20, 2012

Craziness

Hey Everyone! Well i decide to make a blog! It has been a hard choice but I decide to get one! :)

Well. This week has been pretty busy. Shocker there. I babysat Dennis and Erica's kids till thursday while all they went to Jamaica with all the salesmen that work for A+. The kids were amazing! I loved every minute with them! They are all good at everything and even taught me a few recipes. haha Spencer is killer at piano. He just sits down and starts playing Bach! its crazy. Sarah is going to be a great mother. She is hard working and takes care of her brothers and sisters. Grant is funny and is a roller coaster magician. Brooklyn is going to be a fashionista when she gets older, if she isnt one now. She looked sharp and cute on the first day of school. Brianna is hilarious and tells it like it is. She told me right before bed that she will never go to bed that she is going to stay up forever! oh boy.

Also everyone is going to school now and its just my mom and I at the house. soo weird. but i like it. :) We have been talking about college and she stressed me out a little bit talking about all the things we need to do before i leave. Dont worry. I made a list. ;) its getting pretty long. and i only have two weeks to get it done! Wish me luck. Lyndon is a senior, Gretchen is a Sophmore, Austin is in 8th grade, Tyler is in 6th, Lance is in 4th, Chandler 1st, and Carter is in Pre-K! :) ...I might have lied to you about some of there grades in school, but there are to many of them. #dontjudgeme. Carter and Chandler are soo dang cute and are best friends. although they fight like no buddys business.


but cute nonetheless.

Oh! and Wesley leaves for BYU on thursday! can you believe that! he is leaving! to go to college! I cant wrap my head around it. So sad that i cant see him whenever I want anymore. :(

Well. The cats out of the bag. I love thrifting. I am obsessed actually. I have gone almost everyday this week. Here is the tale of how it all began.....

    My mom needed baskets for the family reunion and the best place to look was Goodwill. Well Gretchen, my mom, and I all went there and i used to HATE going in there because it smelled weird and hobos were in there haha When my mom was looking for baskets Gretchen and i went wondering through the skirts and found sooo many cute skirts and shorts and then we went to the long sleeved shirts and loved them. haha and when my mom got back her mouth dropped. haha it was all 80s clothes and she was shocked that we liked it. Yeah. I got a skirt that came with a dew rag, Gretchen got pilgrim skirts. I got some sweet MC Hammer pants and Gretchen got some awesome red floral pants. Everyone dont get to jealous. If you really want to see them I would love to post these clothes. :)



Then on Monday Carley and I went to the mall for clothes and we had a blast shopping. haha she convinced me to get a tiger sweater. (which is pretty sweet i might add.) and we got nail polish and Carley got a tyedie shirt and we tried on a bra that had pointy gold thing on it haha it is hilarious. then we headed to Goodwill... :) it was a BLAST! we are in there for two hours straight if that says anything. We found a huge Molly Brown approved fur coat and a swweet tribe 80s shirt and pants that were a perfect match. why 80s why... haha and a tribal looking jean shirt with boob tassels included. haha when carley was trying it on we were laughing really hard and she was in mid-button and said oh my gosh. and i turned around and two FREAKIN hot guys walked in, stopped, and looked at us like we were freaks and kept walking. meanwhile our faces were literally wide open. After that we looked for another hour and got some great stuff. Carley got two vests (totally awesome and 80s of course.) two shirts, a leopard mug and more stuff i cant think of at the top of my head. I got a jean shirt and a leopard shirt and an 80s radio for my apartment! haha yeah vintage. heck yes. then we went for ice cream and headed home. haha i forgot to tell you that we were in Goodwill and Carley was like what is t size? and i was like what? oh plus (+) size?? hahaha I love her.


Then the next day we went to Yukon because my mom needed to talk to some of the young women about personal progress. and we went there and then to goodwill... haha what? i like Goodwill! and I went to the back and looked at all the old stuff back there and i found records. Records! and i started looking through them and I found a BEATLES record! :) I was pumped expecially since it was $1.50.
I found a few more and then i was looking through the electronics and I found a record player! haha 4 bucks. So i bought it along with a flower shirt and when i got in the car my mom was like hey! Grandma Mannewitz is trying to get rid of all of her records call her and see if you can get them from her! and of course i did. and she said that i could have all of her records! haha yes! and speakers becuase i didnt realize that there were no speakers. so i was set! buut they were four hours away in Texas. Crap. Well my aunt Kathy went to a wedding yesturday and stopped and got all this crap from grandmas house and gave them all to me today! but she left the speakers... sooo i have all these awesome records and nothing to listen to them with. awesome. :( Soo tomorrow I am looking for a record player WITH speakers. and getting rid of my other one... if you want it be my guest. Here are some of my favorites that i got! 


Get Jealous everyone! :) OKlahoma, Saturday Night Fever, Huey Lewis and the News, The Beatles, Grease!, Chicago, The Beach Boys, and The Monkees :)


 I also got my moms letter jacket from when she was in high school.

its pretty rad if i do say so myself.

and i also got a box of white shoes. weird. haha but i was telling my cousins at the family reunion about me painting my shoes and how cool they turned out (pictures will be coming later) and they were like "can you make us some!" and i was like get me some shoes and i will! soo... Im painted some more shoes! I hope she will like them.


Later is now i guess. haha












3 comments:

  1. Shantelle!! I love your blog! You are so creative in how you did it all--right down to the very writing and pictures, to the background and content, of course. It's exciting to contemplate getting to read up on your life at BYU Idaho everytime you add a post. Thank you! I need serious help on my boring blog! You inspire me and I will try to do a little better. We are praying for you and your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa says this is a great blog. I love seeing pictures of the family and to know what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwe! thank you so much. :) I love your blog grandma! you dont need to change it! :) I will try my best to keep it updated. I love you guys so much. :)

      Delete